Many of the grand monuments and buildings were left behind by the various rulers and dynasties in India. These Indian historical places are a worth exploring and they are truly fascinating. The historical landmarks are situated in many cities of India and the historical monuments include:
- Beautifully crafted tombs
- The tremendous victory pillars
- The lovely forts and palaces and several others.
The place Delhi, the capital of the Mughals has several famous historical monuments which include:
- Jama Masjid
- Red Fort
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Parliament House
- The Lodi Tombs and many more.
The place Rajasthan was known to be the land of the Rajputs and the place offers grand forts and palaces. Jaipur is considered as one of the historical destination in India and the magnificent palaces include the Majestic Mehrangarh Fort and the Palace of the Umaid Bhawan.
The historical places in Maharashtra
There are many of the historical palaces in Aurangabad, Maharashtra and the place was considered to be the capital of the Tughlaq Empire. Aurangabad is known for the historical monument Devagiri Fort and the cave temples of Ajanta and Ellora are near to the city. The place Maharashtra is also known for the Hindu, Jain and Buddhist cave temples and the city Mumbai is known for the monuments and remarkable colonial architecture.
Historical places in other parts of India
- One of the historical places in South India is the Mahabalipuram, which is considered as the artistic center of the Pallava dynasty. Some of the things to see in Mahabalipuram are the shore temples, the five chariot shaped temples.
- There are many places to see in Varanasi and the place is famous for the archaeological museum, ceremonial Ghats and many other famous temples.
- Bodhagaya another historical place in Bihar is very popular for the Buddhist pilgrims and many of the Buddhist followers visit this place every year.
Historical places in Gujarat
The famous Jama Masjid
Jama Masjid, one of the historical monuments was built in the year 1423 and it is considered as one of the early Ahmedabad mosque. The roof of the mosque is supported by 260 columns and it was in the year 1819 when the two shaking minarets lost half of their height.
The Jewel of a Mosque
Rani Sipri’s Mosque
The Rani Sipri’s Mosque is one of the small mosques which is known for its well executed design and extremely graceful look. The mosque is known as the Masjid-e-Nagira and is renowned all over the world as ‘Jewel of a Mosque’.
The famous Sarkhej Roza
The Sarkhej Roza is known for the cluster of monuments and the Rauza or Maqbara is one of the largest mausolea in India.
The Rann of Kutch Desert
It is one of the wildlife sanctuaries which is known for the rare species of the wild horses in India. The sanctuary is also known for other animals such as blue bull, sandgrouse, francolin, Indian fox, wolf, jungle cat and several other unique species and definitely this is one of the Indian historical places.